Russell's Halloween Project List
2017 Set Up List
2017 Post Mortem
2017 Project List (Theme = Set Up Early)
- New Prop - Creepers (1)
POC (2) 2 others (3) corpsing
New Stuff - Side yard 110V AC power supply
New Stuff - Devil Head and Fire power supply wiring
New Stuff - Candy Stand power supply wiring WIP
- New Stuff - VIP Fenced area. WIP
- New Stuff - Neighbor Fence (other side). WIP
- New Prop - Skeleton 2.0.
- New Prop - Vampire Drop (POC was a failure).
- New Stuff - 1/2 Man needs external lighting.
New Stuff - Improved Tree Lighting.
New Stuff - Skeleton OXYGEN controls.
- On Hold - 24VDC Spooky Box Prop Controls.
- New Stuff - Twitch wired trigger with 110VAC relay.
New Stuff - Red porch light next door.
- New Stuff - water resistant truck prop cables (combined scare, reset, and audio).
Repair - Tree Monster 1 - again.
- Repair - Rebuild Lunger. WIP
Repair - Skeleton 1.0.
Repair - Add weight and retest Trolley Monster.
- Evaluate - Tree monster control box aux (not TM1 and TM2 triggers).
Ebay purchases Jul-19-1998 thru Oct-31-2016 = 2,342
Ebay purchases Jul-19-1998 thru Oct-31-2017 = 2,528
- 09-xx-2017 - 2 - 10RU Equipment Rack Mount Flight Case (from high5electronics)
- 09-xx-2017 - 3 - Goplus Female Mannequins (1 new Skeleton Nurse, 2 Clowns)
- 09-xx-2017 - 2 - sets clown costumes
- 09-07-2017 - IV Pole and IV Pouch Kit
- 09-07-2017 - 125' 8mm black plastic chain (6mm was too expensive)
- 09-02-2017 - BULBRITE 60W 120V A19 LIGHT BULBS for Neighbor's porch
- 09-02-2017 - 100' 4mm black plastic chain (wrong size)
- 08-31-2017 - 2 pose and stay skeletons
- 08-22-2017 - Floureon 4CH 960H Digital Video Recorder HDMI DVR+Outdoor Night Vision
- 05-23-2017 - TOL-O-MATIC CC10 SK54 DOUBLE ACTION CABLE CYLINDER
- 11-26-2016 - 50 ft red plastic chain (missing as of 9-7-2017/found in the attic 9-8-2017)
- 11-11-2016 - 12 x 7.22ft Artificial Ivy Vine Leaf Fake Foliage
- 11-08-2016 - Hawera 90120 5/32" X 2" x 5" SDS Plus Drill Bit
- 11-03-2016 - 1 Acesonic HM-708 Professional Dynamic Microphone
- 11-02-2016 - 100' Feet Speed Wire 9 Conductor 18 GA Audiopipe
- 11-02-2016 - 4 Warps CB-60 Coverall Banana Bag, Jumbo Storage Bag, 60" x 108"
- 11-02-2016 - 8 Irwin 322002 Speed Plus 5/32" x 4" x 6" Carbide Hammer Bit
- 11-02-2016 - 2 pair Pyle PDWR40B 5.25" Black Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof 400 Watts Speakers
- 11-02-2016 - 2 pair Pyle PDWR30B 3.5" Black Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof 300 Watts Speakers
- 11-01-2016 - 1000 ft Audiopipe 16 Gauge Red Black Stranded 2 Conductor Speaker Wire
- 11-01-2016 - Lot of 20 1/2 " NPT - Strain Relief, Cord Grip, Cable Gland w/nut + gasket
- 11-01-2016 - E-FLITE Tamiya Pin Extractor Tool EFLA215 (extra backup)
2016 Set Up List
2016 Post Mortem
- Bad Stuff - Once again did not allow enough time for set up (Parkinson's law)
- Bad Stuff - Pumpkin Man loose connection at Living Room wall.
- Bad Stuff - Trash Can Devil failure - short? Need to debug.
- Bad Stuff - Tree Monster 1 arms fell off.
- Bad Stuff - Garage darkness.
2016 Project List (Theme = Year of the Rat)
New Prop - Red Velvet Drapes for front windows.
New Prop - Garage Trolley Monster (GTM).
New Prop - Candy Stand.
New Prop - Spider.
New Prop - Coffin 3.0 w/Ghost popup.
New Prop - Grave Site Wreath and Stand.
New Prop - Projector box and pumpkins.
New Prop - Neighbor Fence.
New Prop - Skeleton nurse.
New Prop - Mad Dog wired trigger with 110VAC relay.
- New Prop - Skeleton 2.0.
- New Prop - 24VDC Spooky Box Prop Controls.
- New Prop - Make Baby cry audio loud (huge amp/speaker?).
- New Prop - Twitch wired trigger with 110VAC relay.
- Rebuild - Lunger.
Evaluate - audio tracks for all props. Monster Mix is bad.
Evaluate - 1 audio amplifier in station behind the TV. It could be bad. Get a replacement
- Evaluate - addtional audio amplifiers. Voices say, "more" but logic says, "16 is enough already."
- Evaluate - Multiple led flood lights on same circuit in the rain.
Evaluate - AtmosFX.
Repair - Skeleton 1.0 - air cylinder may be bent again.
- Repair - Skeleton 1.0 - Evaluate latex skin. Use Pajamas to hide it. Bandage for head.
- Repair - Skeleton 1.0 - Try again to get the guts out of the bag for easier setup and service.
Repair - Skeleton 1.0 - "Do Not Touch" sign.
Repair - Tree Monster 1.
Repair - Coffin pop up - won't operate with padding and new suit.
Repair - Add Roof Support Bar to Port-a-potty.
Repair - replace pole camera channel 3 microphone.
Repair - Kitty zip tied back together.
Repair - Devil Can "shake" wire broke away from the harness.
Set Up - Granny audio source from Ghost audio station.
Set Up - Reposition tree cameras.
Set Up - cable management - Pyle PCBLCO26 Cable Protective Concealment Track
Purchase - another back up skeleton air cylinder.
Purchase - Window Drapes.
Purchase - Rebar, PVC pipe, caps, skulls, and chain for Neighbor Fence.
Purchase - EBay projector 11-8-2015. eBay item number: 281847260664.
Purchase - Amazon 2 Pyle amps 11-11-2015.
Purchase - EBay Omron Solid State 110VAC Relay 11-12-2015.
Purchase - AtmosFX CC2 Cockroaches - Wall 11-13-2015.
Purchase - AtmosFX Jack-O-Lantern - Funny Faces 11-13-2015.
Purchase - AtmosFX Wicked Wraith 10-07-2016.
Purchase allelectronics.com MB-131 project box
Purchase allelectronics.com MB-173 project box
Purchase allelectronics.com PB-138 push button switch
Photos - PIG.
- Photos - Twitch.
Photos - Coffin.
Replace - Tree cameras (not sure why).
2 new CCTV cameras above the garage door.
Replace - 4 channel DVRs with 8 channel DVRs.
New Back Yard Compressor Deck and Portal 6-25-2016.
2015 Set Up List - started but abandoned due to time contraints
2015 Post Mortem
- Bad Stuff - Rain before and after. Very stressful but remember it's just for fun!
- Bad Stuff - Set up more stuff in advance (rain makes that hard).
- Bad Stuff - Lighting was horrible this year. Make lighting evaluation a priority.
- Bad Stuff - Stuff is getting old. Consider mid-year maintenance (dream on!).
- Bad Stuff - Fragile - I don't know how it's still standing.
- Bad Stuff - Skeleton - so old, so frail, so sad.
- Bad Stuff - pole camera channel 3 had no audio.
- Bad Stuff - Kitty broke.
- Bad Stuff - Lunger has always been a problem.
- Bad Stuff - Devil Can "shake" wire broke away from the harness.
- Bad Stuff - Coffin Guy - the more work done on it the worse it gets.
- Bad Stuff - TM1 twisted due to mounting design flaw and TM2 was mounted incorectly and twisted.
- Great Stuff - Prop Controls are bullet proof.
- Great Stuff - Cameras and DVRs. Note to self - The correct lighting makes it more better.
- Great Stuff - Back Yard Air Compressors and plumbing to the yard is great.
- Great Stuff - Tree monster control box.
- Great Stuff - New Velvet Drapes.
- Great Stuff - Pumpkin Man. Not real scarry but one of the best made props.
- Great Stuff - New Bride and Kitty worked.
- Great Stuff - Coffin grass and lowering devise looked good.
- Great Stuff - Aged Wood Speaker Boxes. The voices say make some more of these.
- Reminder - Take the time for photos and video of new props.
2015 Project List (Theme = Relax and Have Fun)
Replace 5 conductor tree wire with 13 conductor wire.
3rd Skeleton Pole Camera and mount to replace inside facing garage camera that didn't give a good view of prop operation.
NEW Cat Skeleton prop.
NEW bride head turner prop.
- Garage Prop Trolley.
- NEW Pumkin Man prop. The new 4 inch PVC pipe is already burried in the yard for it.
NEW Tree Monster controls (note:14x18 tree platform).
NEW tree 10 outlet 110v power box
- Evaluate audio tracks for all props. Monster Mix is bad.
- Try again to get the Skeleton guts out of the bag for easier setup and service.
NEW Scarry Carrie and Dead Debbie.
- Have to do something with the NEW Headless Horseman gifted by the lady that asked, "are you the Hallowwen guy?"
Add 8 sets of scare/reset controls to the Spooky Box.
- Add normaly closed relay to baby cry audio to allow always crying but off when triggered.
NEW 12VDC Spooky Box Prop Controls.
- NEW 24VDC Spooky Box Prop Controls.
Consider running thicker/more speaker wire to the tree (right side conduit).
Coffin man new cloths, right eye replacement, and new lighting.
Rebuild Web site.
Red Velvet Drapes.
2014 Post Mortem
- No rain. Everything was set up by noon. Andy took a nap. Everything worked.
- First year for off duty Police.
- Devil Head, Fire Lights, Rocking Granny, Creepy Cathy/Cut In Half Girl With Axe were GREAT.
- Skeleton Eye wire borke.
- Devil Can LED strip doesn't seem to be working in the videos
- Coffin guy needs a light and the Coffin guy has a lazy left eye.
- Andy says, "Consider having the baby cry all the time."
- Andy says, "Consider hanging a smaller tree monster on the longest linerar air cylinder."
- 10lb CO2 tank was empty and had to use a 20lb tank.
Dead cat broke and was glued back together.
- Monster Mix audio needs to be reworked or 86ed.
- Skeleton air supply came loose during operation.
- New lunger had to be PVC glued during the event.
2014 Project List (Theme = Make Sure Stuff Works)
NEW - store bought Mad Dog - add controls and linear cylinder.
- NEW - store bought Creepy Cathy - add controls.
NEW - store bought Lullaby Granny - add controls.
NEW - EBay bought All You Can Eat - add controls.
WIP - Evaluate wireless controls. Each prop MUST have an optional wired control. This will be a significant effort.
Frabricate new bracket and replace Baby 2 rotary air cylinder.
Devil Can control rebuild is a priority!
New Skeleton control rebuild is a priority!
Add additional prop station in the yard
Garage wall infrastructure build out.
Replace garage air service 1 with copper pipe.
Access panel for wired controls to enter the house.
Run new coax in the attic to the pole cam recording station in the garage.
Garage door drapes/curtains.
New control wire from house to yard.
Replace curb network cable with 13 conductor wire.
- Fragile steel base.
Replace garage air service with copper pipe.
Additional 4 inch PVC pipe in yard.
2013 Post Mortem
- Rained all week before and the morning of. First time in 8 years. Only had 6 hours to set up.
- Impromptu garage set up using sheets (in case of rain) turned out well. Consider future use.
- New Baby cylinder has a slight leak and need to be replaced - crap!
- New Cut In Half Girl was good but makes a better decoration than a prop. Repurpose the mechanism.
- New Devil Lunger Candy Man was OK but not as good as the old Candy Man. Consider using both next time.
- New Kitty was GREAT!
- New Armless Man was GREAT!
- Fragile was great but only on a flat surface.
- ALL THAT TIME AND MONEY ON REMOTE CONTROLS WAS WASTED!
- Wired cameras/DVRs in place 24/7 is absolutely fantastic! Evaluate why the audio is out of sync in the converted videos.
- Wireless cameras and Sandisk DVRs went to the DAV. Good riddance!
2013 Project List (Theme = Rebuild)
REPAIR - Porch microphone - replaced.
REPAIR - DVR2 audio - forgot to plug in power supply :-(
Tree camera 2 started displaying image upside down - replaced.
Scary Box - convert into auxilary power supply - done (perfect).
Reposition driveway camera pole - done.
Camera 1 1/4 conduit to tree.
Rebuild Skeleton controls.
New Tree Monster transport - done.
New Tree Monster - done.
New Kitty - done.
New Baby - complete - cylinder has slight leak.
New Aligator - done.
New Zombie Crawler - done.
Resurrect Trash Can Devil (wireless remote) - done.
New Fragile Box - complete.
Replace Tree Microphone.
New under ground pop up - complete.
New Do Not Touch Button - complete.
- New Tree Drop using air clamp - didn't happen.
- New Standing Dog - didn't happen.
- Resurrect Cobra with longer air cylinder - unexplained problem with 22AG wire power load.
New Cut In Half Girl.
NEW Devil Lunger.
Rent storage room.
2012 Project List (Theme = Infrastructure)
- Spooky Box
- Scary Box
- Permanent curb pole/camera
- 24/7 DVR Surveillance (no more camera set up)
- Rebuild Baby guts and controls
- Rebuild Dog guts and controls
- Rebuild Alligator guts and controls
- Ghost 110V GFI Service
- Ghost Audio Service
- Backyard Air Compressor
- Backyard Air Compressor 110V GFI Service
- Backyard Air Compressor Air Line to Garage
- Conduit to service cameras and curb can
- Conduit to service skeleton and candy man
- Conduit for air service to the tree
- Distortion Mirror - good job - wasted time
- Spirit Spider - (store bought) - not so good
- Dropping Vampire - (garden hose conduit) - not so good
2011 Post Mortem
- RETIRE - Snake Charmer - great effort but no cigar
- RETIRE - Devil Fogger - decoration that takes too much time to set up
- RETIRE - Driveway camera
- RETIRE - Cemetery Talking Heads - makes the cemetery sign too heavy
REPAIR - Skeleton - broken weld
REPAIR - Skeleton - replace rigid tubing with flex air tubing
REPAIR - Skeleton - oops I forgot that it needs an air regulator
REPAIR - Skeleton - extend power cord
- REPAIR - Cobra - extend throw - I tell you it's going to be cool
- REPAIR - Vampire - replace remote
- REPAIR - Vampire - independent pulley system
- REPAIR - Curb Can - Speaker
- REPAIR - Curb Can - add LED red lights
- IMPROVE - Common 24VDC power to truck props
- IMPROVE - replace large audio amps and CD players with Pyle USB amps
- IMPROVE - conduit to service cameras and curb can
- IMPROVE - conduit to service tree props
- IMPROVE - conduit to skeleton and candy man
- IMPROVE - add permanent curb pole/camera
- IMPROVE - Baby - rebuild - cry, turn and growl, reset three button operation
- IMPROVE - Dog - retire mouth up and down
- IMPROVE - Dog - convert from 24VAC to 12VDC
- IMPROVE - Dog - in and out two button operation
IMPROVE - Tree - wire racks
- IMPROVE - Tree - secondary speaker binding posts
- IMPROVE - Tree - air supply
IMPROVE - Replace garage camera
IMPROVE - Replace pourch camera
IMPROVE - Add another pourch camera
- REDO - Replace all cameras just added with "more better" wide angle cameras
- REVIEW - Aligator controls
- LESSONS - turn DVRs on before you can program them
- LESSONS - do cameras and DVR setup BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE
2011 Project List (Theme = Big Plans Gone Bad)
- Candy Man - rebuild guts
- Candy Man - wireless remote control
- Tree Monster - rebuild guts
- Skeleton - rebuild guts and connections
- Skeleton - new 2 button control
- Cobra - finished
- Chain Fence for crowd control
- Replaced wireless cameras with Bunker Hill wired cameras
- Installed conduit under the sidewalk for wired camera
- Snake Charmer (first mechanical prop - I hate science)
- Snake Charmer small cobra in basket
- Store Bought Devil Fogger (added Eyes, Audio, and Remote Control)
- To Do - Make the vampyre fly?
- To Do - Crawling baby
- To Do - Crate pop up with legs (the big plan)
- To Do - Wheelchair rework
2010 Project List (Theme = 5 years in - What a Mess)
- SD Card DVRs - excellent (NTS - post brand and model)
- Metal Devil Can rebuild with ERIC switch, bottom trim, double cable control, and decal
- Candy Man metal top with spring return
- Tree Wiring - 110 GFI service, high grade speaker wire and binding posts
- Power - 2 new 20 amp 110 garage receptacles
- New Crank Ghost stand - new box, wiring, and talking heads
- Cobra - start
- Camera Flag Poles
- Vampire Decoration
- Snake Charmer - conception and proof of concept
- ISSUE - WIFI interference with wireless cameras
- ISSUE - Living room clutter
2004 thru 2009 - no Project Lists
- 2004 - year 1 - trash can pop up
- 2005 - coffin leaning against the tree
- 2006 - Dog 1
- 2007 - Baby 1
- 2008 - begins to get out of control
- 2009 - completely out of control - drunken prop dancing
PARKING LOT (To Do Some Day)
- Build Tree drop Vampire.
- Look at the Cobra again. You know you want to!
- Perform/maintain a prop inventory.
- Play with Pico Boo box. Play with Scuba box. Play with tub of motion amd timer stuff.
- Evaluate USB relays for prop controls.